day2 - The Idea

I've not been very consistent with trying to catch up on my developer logs. My intention is to rework all of the logs that I've been keeping I've been building my first game for release.  Today's log is a brief overview of what I'm trying to make.

TWO 07-09-2017

As I work through the Unity Certified Developer Courseware I have been thinking about what type of game I would like to make. The UCDC is a top-down, point-and-click, survival-style game so I've been thinking that maybe I can use many of the concepts to make a top-down point-and-click game that is based in a sci-fi world on a spaceship.

Today I spent most of the day working my way through the UCDC and finished at Chapter 10. After some time going through the Courseware I realized that I really need to have my own working character model and environmental assets to start implementing code for the game. I spent the rest of the day working on 3d models in Blender. The UCDC doesn't clearly show how to set up the assets to work in Unity.  The Courseware seems to focus more on how they suggest things be set-up and organized.

The next couple of days the post will focus on developing assets for the game.


Comments

Popular Posts